Naveen Jindal Summoned by Delhi Court in Coal Block Allocation Case
Industrialist Naveen Jindal and others were on Tuesday summoned by a special court in the capital as accused in a case related to the allocation of a coal block in Madhya Pradesh after it took cognisance of a CBI chargesheet.
File photo of industrialist Naveen Jindal. (PTI)
New Delhi: A special court on Tuesday summoned Congress leader and industrialist Naveen Jindal in connection with the allocation of a coal block in Madhya Pradesh.
This comes after the court took cognisance of a CBI chargesheet.
Besides Jindal, the others summoned are the company, Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL), its former Director Sushil Maroo, former Deputy MD Anand Goyal and CEO Vikrant Gujral for alleged cheating and criminal conspiracy in the allocation of Urtan North coal block in Madhya Pradesh, PTI reported.
All the accused have to appear before Special CBI Judge Bharat Parashar on September 4.
In its chargesheet, the CBI has alleged that JSPL misrepresented the equipment purchase orders and misled the Coal Ministry.
Jindal is also facing trial in a case pertaining to the allocation of Amarkonda Murgadangal coal block in Jharkhand.
(With PTI inputs)
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Bumrah Bowls the Best Yorker in World Cricket Currently - Akram
- Streaming Now: Women in focus with Stree on Hotstar, Four More Shots Please on Amazon Prime
- Ram Janmabhoomi Gets Clearance From Court, All Set to Release in First Week of February
- Third Generation Suzuki Hayabusa Superbike Rendered, Gets Sleeker GSX Inspired Looks
- Need to Focus on Alternative Fuels: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s