Naveen Patnaik Wants Postponement of Census Work Due to Coronavirus Outbreak, Writes to PM Modi
The Odisha CM said mobilisation for Census and updation of the National Population Register across the country would pose a great risk for field functionaries and people.
File picture of Odisha CM and BJD president Naveen Patnaik.
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday sought postponement of Census operation and related activities in the country over the novel coronavirus pandemic.
In a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Patnaik said mobilisation for Census and updation of the National Population Register across the country would pose a great risk for field functionaries and people.
The chief minister said the Union Home Ministry had issued a notification for conduct of Census 2021 and updating the NPR throughout the country from April 1 to September 30, 2020.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Jaipur Police Has a Unique Punishment for Those Violating Lockdown: Masakali 2.0 on Loop
- This Android Malware Can Never be Deleted And Will Ruin Your Phone Even After Restore
- Here's What KL Rahul Has to Say About Athiya Shetty's Latest Pics
- PUBG Mobile Season 13 Royale Pass Leaks: Toy Playground Theme, Rewards, Launch Date and More
- Spot the Pug: Twitter User's Pet Photo Leaves Netizens Curious