Navy Sailor Hangs Himself at INS Shivaji in Pune
No suicide note was found on the spot, and the Navy has ordered an inquiry, police said.
Mumbai: A 19-year-old sailor allegedly committed suicide at INS Shivaji, the Indian Navy's base near Lonavala in Pune district, Wednesday, police said.
Akash Sainath Kannala was found to have hanged himself from ceiling fan by using a bedsheet at a recreation center on the base around 4.30 am, a police official said.
No suicide note was found on the spot, and the Navy has ordered an inquiry, he said.
Kannala, who was undergoing Direct Entry Engineering Mechanics course, hailed from Pardi village in Nirmal district of Telangana, the police official said.
Lonavala police are conducting further probe, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected
- Renault Triber First Drive Review – Economical Genius