Navy Spots a Drone Flying Over Naval Station in Chennai, Probe On
The Indian Navy on Tuesday filed a complaint with the police seeking an investigation into the incident.
Image for Representation. Credit: Getty Images)
Chennai: A drone was sighted flying over a Naval station in Chennai, following which an investigation was launched, police said on Tuesday.
The Naval personnel found the drone flying over the INS Adyar campus, in the heart of the city, around 9 PM Monday, police said.
The Navy Tuesday filed a complaint with the police seeking an investigation into the incident. "An investigation is on," the police said without divulging further information.
The incident comes at a time when key installations, including airports across the country, are on high alert following the recent Pulwama terror attack that killed 40 CRPF jawans in Jammu and Kashmir and airstrikes by India on terrorist camps in Pakistan.
Two Pakistani drones had been shot down by the Indian Air Force in Rajasthan and Gujarat along the Indo-Pak border in the paste one week.
Recommended For You
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt to Compete with Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, Saif Ali Khan on August 15
- Mandira Bedi Posts Stunning Beach Photo from Maldives, See Here
- Move Over PUBG, Indian Air Force is Releasing a Mobile Game Complete with 'Gunslinger Moustache'
- These Shirtless Pics of Nick Jonas Have Fans Gushing Over His 'Dad Bod'
- Best and Worst Day of my Cricketing Life – Guptill Looks Back at World Cup Final