Naxals Kill Villager in Dantewada District on Suspicion of Being Police Informer
Police found leaflets and pamphlets at the spot in which Aamdai area committee of the outlawed CPI (Maoist) claimed the responsibility for the killing, and identified the deceased as Dashram, a resident of Dantewada,
Dantewada: A villager was killed by Naxals on suspicion of being a police informer in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district, a police official said on Sunday.
Some locals spotted the body of a man lying on Mangnar road under Barsoor police station area on Sunday morning and informed the police, he said.
Police found leaflets and pamphlets at the spot in which Aamdai area committee of the outlawed CPI (Maoist) claimed the responsibility for the killing, and identified the deceased as Dashram, a resident of Kokernar village in Dantewada, the official said.
"Prima facie, the man was axed to death," the official said, adding that a search was underway to trace the unidentified assailants.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Golfer Arjun Bhati Sold His 102 Trophies to Raise Money for Battle Against Coronavirus
- Cristiano Ronaldo Back to Real Madrid? Juventus May be Open to Offers Amid Coronavirus Crisis
- Why Target Sonakshi Alone? Mahabharat Star Nitish Bharadwaj Asks Mukesh Khanna To Be Empathetic
- In Denmark, Sales of Sex Toys Doubled after Stay-at-Home Orders
- Genda Phool Row: Badshah Gives Rs 5 Lakh to Folk Artiste Ratan Kahar as 'Promised'