Naxals Killed 522 People for Being 'Police Informers', Say Gadchiroli Cops
Naxals are misleading people by accusing some to be police informers. In this way, Naxals have killed 522 innocent people, the Gadchiroli police statement said.
There was little left of the truck carrying the commandos.
Nagpur: Naxals have killed 522 people in Maharashtra's Gadchiroli district after falsely accusing them of being informers, police said Monday.
In a statement, Gadchiroli police said a man found dead on Monday morning in Jambhiya Gatta in the district's Ettapali tehsil, identified as Shishir Mandal (42), was not a police informer.
It said Mandal, a native of Chhattisgarh's Bande area, used to "regularly help" the Naxals and was killed due to a "financial conflict" with the latter. Mandal was found dead around 9am on Adenge Road with a gun shot wound on his head.
"Naxals are misleading people by accusing some to be police informers. In this way, Naxals have killed 522 innocent people," the Gadchiroli police statement said. The police statement, however, did not give details of the time period during which these people were killed.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 16 Written Updates: Asim Gets Aggressive and Tries to Pull Rashami Out of Bed
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- A Scene from Joaquin Phoenix's 'Joker' Has Become the Internet's Most Referenced Meme
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work