NCW Asks UP DGP O P Singh to Enforce a Ban on Sale of Acid in State
Quoting a media report, the NCW said a 22-year-old woman was allegedly attacked with acid by her two brothers who later dumped her in Kot village in Greater Noida's Dadri on May 9.
Image for representation. (News18 Creatives)
New Delhi: The National Commission for Women (NCW) Wednesday asked Uttar Pradesh DGP O P Singh to enforce a ban on the sale of acid while noting that it is "disturbed" by the rise in incidents of acid attacks in the state.
Quoting a media report, the NCW said a 22-year-old woman was allegedly attacked with acid by her two brothers who later dumped her in Kot village in Greater Noida's Dadri on May 9. In a letter to Singh, the commission also sought a detailed action taken report in the matter.
The NCW said its team would visit the victim soon.
"Considering the gravity of the matter, it is requested that action be taken to enforce the ban on the sale of acid in the state and a detailed action taken report in the matter may be sent to the Commission at an early date," NCW chairperson Rekha Sharma said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works