NDRF Constable Who Saved Civilian from Drowning at Kumbh Dies at Delhi Hospital
He had reportedly sustained a severe spinal injury during the rescue of an old man, who was drowning during the Kumbh Mela on February 19.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: An National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) constable, who had saved a civilian from drowning in Kumbh Mela recently and sustained a severe spinal injury, died at a hospital here on Friday, an NDRF official said.
Constable Rajender Gautam, native of Bilaspur in Himachal Pradesh died around 5:30am, NDRF's Inspector General L Ravi Joseph, told PTI.
"He had sustained a severe spinal injury during the rescue of an old man, who was drowning during the Kumbh Mela on February 19. He was later airlifted to Delhi the same day, given the severity of his condition," he said.
His mortal remains will be taken to Himachal Pradesh.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Joe Jonas Celebrates James Bond Themed Birthday with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and Sophie
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it