NDRF Constable Who Saved Civilian from Drowning at Kumbh Dies at Delhi Hospital
He had reportedly sustained a severe spinal injury during the rescue of an old man, who was drowning during the Kumbh Mela on February 19.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: An National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) constable, who had saved a civilian from drowning in Kumbh Mela recently and sustained a severe spinal injury, died at a hospital here on Friday, an NDRF official said.
Constable Rajender Gautam, native of Bilaspur in Himachal Pradesh died around 5:30am, NDRF's Inspector General L Ravi Joseph, told PTI.
"He had sustained a severe spinal injury during the rescue of an old man, who was drowning during the Kumbh Mela on February 19. He was later airlifted to Delhi the same day, given the severity of his condition," he said.
His mortal remains will be taken to Himachal Pradesh.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Janhvi Kapoor Steps Out With Price Tag Attached to Outfit
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- Anand Mahindra Wants to Gift a Car to Man Who Took His Mother on India Tour on Scooter
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor