NDRF Imparts Training to NCC Cadets, Home Guards on Disaster Management
The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) imparted training to NCC cadets and Home Guard personnel on how to conduct themselves during times of natural calamities like floods and earthquakes.
Image credit: PTI
The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) imparted training to NCC cadets and Home Guard jawans on how to conduct themselves during time of natural calamities like floods and earthquakes.
The three-day training programme hosted under the command of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) began at the 9th battalion of NDRF at Bihta in Patna district.
Commandant of NDRF Battalion Vijay Sinha said in a press statement that the trainees were told about first aid, management against snake bites, conducting search for missing during demolition of a building and protection under such condition.
They were also told in detail about the safeguards to be adopted at the time of earthquakes, he said.
Sinha said the NCC and Home Guards were taught how to protect cattle during times of disaster.
The NDRF Commandant said the force intends to spread safeguards for citizens during time of natural calamities, at panchayat level.
Such training programme would help in achieving the target of "zero disaster risk", he said.
The Bihta based 9th battalion, along with their colleagues from Chennai and Punjab, had rendered yeomen service in different parts of Bihar during the recent floods in the state.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Can't Take Her Eyes Off Nick Jonas As He Sings Lovebug for Girls at Orphanage; Watch Video
- Infinix Quiet X Review: Budget Pricing And Fine Performance Do The Trick
- China Beats US to Become Largest Consumer of Budweiser in the World
- No Ronaldo, No Zidane, No problem as Real Madrid Start La Liga with Victory
- Twitter Slams India's Youngest Billionaire, Paytm Founder, For Donating Rs 10,000 to Kerala