Need to Make More Efforts to Protect Women's Rights, Says Sonia Gandhi in Navratri Message
Sonia Gandhi said in the coming nine days, nine forms of the Goddess are worshipped and this worship of power is also related to the important place of women in society.
File photo of Congress leader Sonia Gandhi.
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Sunday said in the present circumstances, people need to make more efforts to protect the honour and rights of women. She made the appeal in her message to greet and wish people on the occasion of 'Shardiya Navratras' and 'Durga Puja'.
Gandhi said in the coming nine days, nine forms of the Goddess are worshipped and this worship of power is also related to the important place of women in society.
In the present circumstances, "we need to make more efforts to protect the honour and rights of women", she was quoted as saying by a statement from the Congress.
Gandhi said nine forms of the Goddess symbolise courage, valour, prosperity, opulence, strength, intelligence, knowledge, wisdom and positive powers. "Hope that worshippers by fasting and worshipping strengthen their will and defeat negative forces," she said.
On 'Navadurga Parva', she wished that there should be communication of brotherhood, love, peace and power throughout the country, the statement said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor
- Bigg Boss 13: Abu Malik Says Shehnaz Gill Has Support of Salman Khan
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked