New Record as Rs 12000 Cr Transferred Directly in Accounts of 6 Cr Farmers: PM Modi
Addressing the third Global Potato Conclave in Gujarat, the Prime Minister said India has become one of the top three nations in production of certain foods.
File photo of PM Narendra Modi.
Gandhinagar: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said a new record was created earlier this month when Rs 12000 crore were transferred directly into the bank accounts of six crore farmers.
Addressing the third Global Potato Conclave here in Gujarat via video conferencing, the prime minister also said that India became one of the top three nations in production of certain food grains and food products due to hard work of farmers and the government policies.
"Several efforts and steps are being taken to double the income of farmers by 2022. It is the result of the combination of efforts taken by farmers and the government policy that India has emerged as one of the top three nations in production of grains and other food items," Modi said.
"In the beginning of this month, a new record was made by transferring Rs 12000 crore directly into the bank accounts of six crore farmers," he added.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Sunil Grover Shares Photoshopped Pic of His Characters with Mask During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Iconic Amitabh Bachchan Tweets That Sum Up Our Feelings During Coronavirus Lockdown
- Akshay Kumar Drives Twinkle Khanna to Hospital Through Deserted Roads, Watch Video
- Keep Your Child Engaged during Lockdown by Availing Google’s 3D Animal Feature, Here's How
- Here's How the New HAL-Made FOC-Standard Tejas is Better Than the Current IAF's IOC Fighter Jet