Newborn Girl Stabbed in Madhya Pradesh's Shajapur Hospital Dies After Two Days of Treatment
The child was born to daily-wage labourers in Shajapur on Tuesday and was attacked with a sharp weapon in a hospital there a day later, said police.
Representative image. (News18)
Indore: A newborn girl who was stabbed with a sharp weapon in Madhya Pradesh's Shajapur district a day after she was born, died while undergoing treatment at Indore's MY Hospital, a senior health official said on Friday.
The child was born to daily-wage labourers in Shajapur on Tuesday and was attacked with a sharp weapon in a hospital there a day later, said an official of Mohan Badodiya police station.
"Despite out best efforts, the infant died late Thursday night. She was wounded in the chest, neck and back and had lost a lot of blood by the time the local hospital at Shajapur transferred her to the ICU here. We had conducted a surgery but in vain," Dr Brajesh Lahoti of MY Hospital said.
Police in Shajapur said the infant's parents Manju and Darivay Banjara have alleged that a nurse at the local hospital was behind the attack, though an official said the parents will also be questioned.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Varun Dhawan Welcomes Donald Trump to India in Hilarious Video, Says He Has Ordered Pav Bhaji for Him
- NASA Records 'Hottest Temperature' in Antarctica, Shows Shocking Images of Melting Snow
- India vs Australia, FIH Hockey Pro League 2020 HIGHLIGHTS: India Beat Australia in Penalty Shootout
- Salaam, a Video Game Based on a Refugee's Life, Wants You to See Their Harsh Realities
- Has Donald Trump Become 'LGBTQ Hero' Just Before His Visit to India?