Day After Receiving Award for 'Best Police', Cop Caught Taking Bribe in Telangana
Despite having a licence for the sand transport, the constable demanded a bribe of Rs 20,000, following which the sand tractor owner approached Anti-corruption Bureau.
Tirupati Reddy, a constable in Mahabubnagar one-town police station, was caught taking bribe by ACB in Telangana.
Hyderabad: A day after receiving ‘Best Police’ award on Independence Day, a constable in Mahabubnagar district of Telangana was caught taking bribe by the Anti-corruption Bureau (ACB) on Friday.
Tirupati Reddy, a constable in Mahabubnagar one-town police station, was caught by the ACB while accepting a bribe of Rs 17,000 from a sand tractor owner, Mudavath Ramesh.
“Despite having a licence for the sand transport, Tirupati demanded a bribe of Rs 20,000 from Ramesh,” ACB DSP S Krishna Goud said.
Ramesh approached the ACB officials who then laid a trap to catch him red-handed.
“On our directions, Ramesh gave Rs 17,000 to the constable, following which he (Tirupati) was arrested,” the ACB official added.
Tirupati received ‘Best Police’ award from the District collector on Thursday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough