NGT Raps DDA for Casting Aspersions on Panel's Findings on AOL Event
The National Green Tribunal on Thursday rapped the Delhi Development Authority for casting aspersions on the findings of its expert committee on damage caused to the Yamuna floodplains because of the 3-day cultural event organised by Art Of Living (AOL).
Signboard of National Geen Tribunal . (Photo: PTI)
New Delhi: The National Green Tribunal on Thursday rapped the Delhi Development Authority for casting aspersions on the findings of its expert committee on damage caused to the Yamuna floodplains because of the 3-day cultural event organised by Art Of Living (AOL).
A bench headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar took exception to the submission of the counsel for DDA, who questioned the conclusions of the seven-member expert panel.
NGT says if there is damage to biodiversity of Yamuna then DDA would be responsible because DDA allowed AOL to hold an event
— ANI (@ANI_news) May 11, 2017
"It is not fair. You cannot make sweeping comments on people who have devoted their life to environment. We are warning you people that if anybody passes strictures, we will not hesitate to take action against them," the bench said.
The DDA counsel said he did not intend to cast aspersions and was just questioning the basis of the findings and technology used by the experts panel.
Earlier, an expert committee had told the NGT that a whopping Rs 42.02 crore would be required to restore Yamuna floodplains which was ravaged due to a cultural extravaganza organised by AOL last year.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Nissan Kicks Compact SUV Launched in India for Rs 9.55 Lakh, to Rival Hyundai Creta and Mahindra XUV300
- This YouTuber Flew Down From Hong Kong to Play PewDiePie's Diss Track Outside T-Series HQ in Noida
- Samsung to Stop Making Flagship Phones in India, Protesting Phased Manufacturing Programme
- France Fines Google €50 Million For Violating Data Privacy Rules As Defined by The GDPR
- Spider-Man Tom Holland Accidentally Uploads Entire Avengers: Endgame on Twitter? Deets Inside
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s