NIA Raids Again in Kashmir Over Terror Funding
NIA took up fresh searches at five more locations belonging to secessionist and separatist elements and traders suspected of hawala activities and terror funding.
Representative image (PTI)
New Delhi: Continuing its probe into terror funding by Pakistan-based groups to stoke unrest in the Kashmir Valley, the NIA on Sunday conducted fresh raids across five locations in Jammu and Kashmir and seized incriminating documents and foreign currency.
"NIA took up fresh searches at five more locations belonging to secessionist and separatist elements and traders suspected of hawala activities and terror funding," the agency said.
Searches were counteracted in four locations in Kashmir Valley and one in Jammu region.
"During the searches, Pakistani currency (a few thousand) and currencies belonging to the UAE and Saudi Arabia have been found and seized apart from other incriminating material. The concerned persons are being questioned," it added.
The agency on Saturday conducted multiple raids across Srinagar, Delhi and Haryana and seized over Rs 1 crore in cash, letterheads of banned terrorist groups like LeT and incriminating documents.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Actor Mohsin Khan is Down with Dengue
- Moti Bagh: Documentary Film Based on Life of Uttarakhand Farmer Nominated for Oscars
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image
- You Can Now Talk to Amazon Alexa in Hindi or Hinglish
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022