NIA Raids Activist Akhil Gogoi's House in Guwahati After Arresting Him A Month Ago
Officials said that Akhil Gogoi, whose custody was to end on Friday, has been booked under various sections of Indian Penal Code and stringent Unlawful (Activities) Prevention Act.
File photo of KMSS advisor Akhil Gogoi with activists during a protest rally in Guwahati (PTI)
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency on Thursday carried out searches at the residence of RTI activist and peasant leader Akhil Gogoi, who was arrested by the agency earlier this month, officials said.
Gogoi, whose custody was to end on Friday, has been booked under various sections of Indian Penal Code and stringent Unlawful (Activities) Prevention Act, the officials said.
The activist, who also gives advice to various farmer organisations, was arrested when Assam was witnessing widespread protests against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Republic Day 2020: Patriotic Fervour Runs High Among B-town Celebs as They Post Pics With Tricolour
- Bigg Boss 13: Who Will Get Evicted from the House This Week? Vote Here
- This Luxury Insect Ice-Cream Made from Bug 'Milk' Has Zero Sugar and Carb
- Republic Day 2020: A Look at the Fighter Jet Fleet of the IAF: Rafale, Tejas, Sukhoi and More
- India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I Live Streaming: When & Where to Watch Live Telecast on TV & Online