NIA to Probe Case of Missing Computer Hardware from Country's First Indigenous Aircraft Carrier
The case is currently investigated by a Special Investigation Team (SIT) following a complaint regarding the missing hardware. The incident was reported from the high security zone of the Cochin Shipyard Ltd.
Kochi: The National Investigation Agency will carry out investigation into the disappearance of some computer hardware from the country's first indigenous aircraft carrier being built at the Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL) here, official sources said on Thursday.
"We will take over the case," an NIA official said.
The case is currently investigated by a Special Investigation Team (SIT) following a complaint regarding the missing hardware. The incident was reported from the high security zone of the CSL, where the prestigious warship was being built.
The CSL authorities had lodged the complaint with the Ernakulam South police a week ago. The officials were unaware of the time and date of the alleged theft.
The indigenous aircraft carrier, which is in an advanced stage of testing of systems, is expected to begin sea trials in 2020.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Hails 'Crusader' Sunitha Krishnan for Helping Sex Trafficking Victims
- Ranveer Singh Reveals That He Takes Time Management Tips From Deepika Padukone
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it