Nigerian Celebrity, Who Acted in Hindi Movies, Held at Delhi IGI Airport
Olamilekan M Akanbi Ojora was intercepted around 4 am at the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) after security personnel found him roaming suspiciously in the terminal area.
File photo of Delhi Airport Terminal 3.
New Delhi: A Nigerian 'celebrity' who also acted in some Bollywood movies was apprehended by CISF personnel at the Delhi airport on Thursday for allegedly overstaying in the country, officials said.
They said Olamilekan M Akanbi Ojora was intercepted around 4 am at the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) after security personnel found him roaming suspiciously in the terminal area.
The man had a ticket to Goa on a Vistara airlines flight and when he was questioned, he divulged that his visa had expired, they said.
CISF officials later contacted immigration and central intelligence agencies who confirmed that the Nigerian man's visa had expired in 2011, officials said.
"The man enjoys a celebrity status in his country and has also acted in some Hindi movies. He was living in India illegally," a senior CISF officer said.
He has been handed over to intelligence bureau sleuths for further probe, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Once Abandoned Dog is Now Assisting Railway Force Personnel to Warn Commuters Against Footboard Traveling
- In Pics: Bachchan Family Celebrates Aaradhya's 8th Birthday
- Kerala MLA Asked Locals to Gift Him Books, Now He's Donating Them to School Libraries
- East Bengal Announce Kalyani Stadium as Their Home Venue for I-League 2019-20
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Review: A Lot of Style And Even More Substance