Nikolay Kudashev is Russia's New Envoy to India
Kudashev, a specialist in South East Asia, is currently the Deputy Director General Secretariat of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia.
Nikolay Kudashev's appointment as Ambassador of Russia to India came nearly seven months after Alexander M. Kadakin sudden death. (Photo: Getty Images)
New Delhi: Career diplomat Nikolay Kudashev has been appointed as Russia's new ambassador to India, the country's embassy here said.
Kudashev, a specialist in South East Asia, is currently the Deputy Director General Secretariat of the Ministry of
Foreign Affairs of Russia.
"President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin by the executive order appointed Nikolay Kudashev as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to the Republic of India," the Russian Embassy here said in a statement last evening.
The appointment of Kudashev comes nearly seven months after the death of Russia's previous ambassador to India Alexander Kadakin.
Kadakin, a fluent Hindi-speaking career diplomat considered a great friend of India, passed away on January 26 at a hospital here after a brief illness. He was 67.
Kudashev was the Russian Ambassador to Micronesia and the Marshall Islands in 2014-2015.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inspired by 50s Puppet Show or Just for Appeal? Internet is Wondering What 'Howdy Modi' Means
- Priyanka Chopra Plans the Perfect Birthday Outing for Nick Jonas
- Woman Sets Apartment on Fire While Trying to Burn Love Letter from Her Ex
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image