Nine BSF Men Injured During Firing Practice in Rajasthan
The incident took place at about 8:30 am when a 51mm mortar fell short of its target at the forces' firing range in Kishangarh.
Representative image (Getty Images)
Jaipur: The incident took place at about 8:30 am when a 51mm mortar fell short of its target at the forces' firing range in Kishangarh.
The nine personnel suffered injuries due to the blast of the ammunition, out of which two are critical, a senior BSF officer said.
The troops were participating in a firing exercise. Officials said one of the critically injured personnel will be air evacuated to a hospital in Jodhpur while others are being treated.
This is the second such incident here this year after four personnel were injured in similar circumstances in March. Few days after this, six men of the paramilitary were injured in similar circumstances during mortar firing exercise at its centre in Jharkhand's Hazaribagh.
The BSF is deployed in Rajasthan as part of its task to guard the India-Pakistan International Border.
Recommended For You
- 'World's Oldest Person' Dies In Japan At 117 Years Of Age
- IPL 2018: Rohit Sharma Looks to Re-write Records Against Rajasthan
- IPL 2018: Virat Kohli Deems AB De Villiers as Best Player in The World
- Kalank: Why Madhuri Dixit Agreed To Do a Film Opposite Sanjay Dutt
- Photos From Milind Soman, Ankita Konwar's Mehendi Ceremony Will Make You Want To Attend One