Nine Houses Gutted in Fire in Himachal Pradesh's Kullu
The rescue team had to cover the distance of three kilometers on foot to reach the spot.
Nine House Gutted in Fire in Himachal Pradesh's Kullu. (Image: Twitter)
Shimla: At least nine houses were gutted and another was partially damaged in a fire that broke out at remote Jindi village in Himachal Pradesh's Kullu district on Monday, officials said.
As many as 38 members of 10 families were affected due to the fire which prima facie started because of a short circuit, Kullu Deputy Commissioner Yunus said.
No person was injured in the fire, however, five animals burned alive, he said, adding that the village was not accessible to fire brigade.
The rescue team had to cover the distance of three kilometers on foot to reach the spot, he said, adding that the fire was put out with a lot of efforts.
The Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) was also sent to the village to take stock of the situation, the DC said.
Essential commodities are being provided to the affected families, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- Sophie Turner Joins Joe Jonas in NYC as Jonas Brothers Take a Day Off from Their Tour
- Doing a Bamboozle: Meet Astro, the Robodog 'Inspired' by the Human Brain
- Woman Sets Fire to Creepy 'It' Clown Doll which Floated into Her Backyard
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy