Nine Houses Gutted in Fire in Himachal Pradesh's Kullu
The rescue team had to cover the distance of three kilometers on foot to reach the spot.
Nine House Gutted in Fire in Himachal Pradesh's Kullu. (Image: Twitter)
Shimla: At least nine houses were gutted and another was partially damaged in a fire that broke out at remote Jindi village in Himachal Pradesh's Kullu district on Monday, officials said.
As many as 38 members of 10 families were affected due to the fire which prima facie started because of a short circuit, Kullu Deputy Commissioner Yunus said.
No person was injured in the fire, however, five animals burned alive, he said, adding that the village was not accessible to fire brigade.
The rescue team had to cover the distance of three kilometers on foot to reach the spot, he said, adding that the fire was put out with a lot of efforts.
The Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) was also sent to the village to take stock of the situation, the DC said.
Essential commodities are being provided to the affected families, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Indians Pay More For Mobile & Broadband, if Subscriptions For Netflix And More Are Bundled
- Meet Fred, the Mini Service Horse, Who Travelled First Class to California
- 400-Year-Old Painting Considered 'Dupe' Turns Out to be Painted by Rembrandt Himself
- Nusrat Jahan, Dev, Jeet Gannguli, Arindam Sil Mourn Death of Veteran Bengali Actor Tapas Pal
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Sale 2020: iPhone XS at Rs 54,999, Pixel 3a at Rs 27,999