Nine Killed as Speeding Bus Overturns in Mumbai
Nine passengers died and 12 others were injured when a private bus heading towards Latur overturned early on Sunday in Beed district.
Picture for Representation. (Photo: PTI)
Mumbai: Nine passengers died and 12 others were injured when a private bus heading towards Latur overturned early on Sunday in Beed district.
Police officials have rushed to the spot and rescue operation is going on.
"The bus was travelling from Mumbai to Latur. The survivors have claimed that the driver was over-speeding, which could have led to this accident," Mahesh Tak, API, attached to Ambhora Police Station, in Beed district told PTI.
The injured persons have been rushed to the Ahmednagar district civil hospital, which is around 70 km away from the accident spot.
"The accident took place around 5.30 am. When the bus was near Dhanora village, the driver lost control and the bus overturned," he said.
Recommended For You
- We Produced More Pace – Whatmore Basks in Historic Kerala Win
- Djokovic Powers Past Tsonga in 2008 Australian Open Final Repeat
- Serena Williams Blitzes Eugenie Bouchard to Reach Australian Open Third Round
- 2019 Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra XUV300 Compact SUV Spec Comparison
- 'Nobody Has All of These': This Trending Post is the Internet's Diss List
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s