Nine Killed as Speeding Bus Overturns in Mumbai
Nine passengers died and 12 others were injured when a private bus heading towards Latur overturned early on Sunday in Beed district.
Picture for Representation. (Photo: PTI)
Mumbai: Nine passengers died and 12 others were injured when a private bus heading towards Latur overturned early on Sunday in Beed district.
Police officials have rushed to the spot and rescue operation is going on.
"The bus was travelling from Mumbai to Latur. The survivors have claimed that the driver was over-speeding, which could have led to this accident," Mahesh Tak, API, attached to Ambhora Police Station, in Beed district told PTI.
The injured persons have been rushed to the Ahmednagar district civil hospital, which is around 70 km away from the accident spot.
"The accident took place around 5.30 am. When the bus was near Dhanora village, the driver lost control and the bus overturned," he said.
Recommended For You
- Looking for 'Achhe din'? Congress as Clueless as Paul Pogba in This Video
- Bangladesh Appoint McKenzie as Batting Consultant
- End of the Road for Affordable Android Phones? EU's Record Fine on Google May Hit Prices
- Sania Mirza's Take on Maternity Fashion Will Make You Want to Emulate Her Style
- Engineering Students in Delhi-NCR Can Now Study Mechatronics Program by Mercedes-Benz in College