Nine Killed as Structure Collapses During Wedding Rituals in Rajasthan
Nine persons were killed and 15 others injured when an eaves collapsed during wedding rituals in Rajasthan's Bharatpur district on Friday night.
Image for representative purposes only.
Jaipur: Nine persons were killed and 15 others injured when an eaves collapsed during wedding rituals in Rajasthan's Bharatpur district on Friday night.
The incident occurred in Pidhi village in Kumher police station area where the 'Bhaat' ritual was going on.
Several people were sitting on the eaves to watch the ceremony. Suddenly, the structure gave in and the people sitting under it got trapped, Assistant SP (Bhartpur rural) Dharmendra Singh told PTI.
The victims were rushed to a nearby hospital where some of them were declared brought dead and some died during treatment.
8 of the 15 injured, that included both men and women, have been admitted to the SMS Hospital in Jaipur, he said.
Recommended For You
- Sanju Poster: Paresh Rawal's First Look As Sunil Dutt is Here and it's Heartbreaking
- Cristiano Ronaldo Keen on Enjoying History as Real Madrid Hope for Stay
- 'All-rounder' Rashid Khan in Elite Company After Eden Gardens Heroics
- In Second 'Apology', Morgan Freeman Seeks Refuge in 'Misplaced Compliments'
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Movie Review- Never Skimps on Spectacle Yet Fails to Surprise