Nirbhaya Case: SC to Hear Tomorrow Plea of Death Row Convict against Dismissal of Mercy Petition
A bench of Justices R Banumathi, Ashok Bhushan and AS Bopanna will hear Mukesh Kumar's plea at 12.30 pm on Tuesday.
Illustration by Mir Suhail. (News18.com)
New Delhi: The Supreme Court will hear on Tuesday the petition of death row convict Mukesh Kumar in the 2012 Nirbhaya gang-rape and murder case challenging the dismissal of his mercy petition by President Ram Nath Kovind.
A bench of Justices R Banumathi, Ashok Bhushan and AS Bopanna will hear the plea at 12.30 pm on Tuesday.
The mercy plea of the 32-year-old was dismissed by Kovind on January 17.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Is POCO Telling Realme That 5G is Irrelevant Right Now? If Yes, They Are Absolutely Right
- Kamal Haasan Should Apologise to Tamil Star Rekha For 'Unplanned Kiss' in Film, Say Netizens
- Bigg Boss Kannada 5 Winner Chandan Shetty Ties the Knot with Niveditha Gowda, See Pics
- Responsible Doggo Shows up at Police Station to 'File' a Missing Report of Himself
- Balakot Airstrike Anniversary: A Look at IAF Mirage-2000 Jet, Unsung Hero That Destroyed Jaish Terror Camps