Nirbhaya Convicts Shifted to Jail Number 3 Where Hanging is Set to Take Place: Tihar Officials
Till now, Vinay Sharma was lodged in jail number four, while Akshay Kumar Singh, Mukesh Kumar Singh and Pawan Gupta were lodged in jail number two of Tihar.
File photo of Tihar Jail.
New Delhi: All the four death-row convicts in the Nirbhaya gang rape and murder case were shifted on Thursday to Tihar prison complex's jail number three where their hanging is set to take place, a jail official said.
The four death row convicts — Vinay Sharma, Akshay Kumar Singh, Mukesh Kumar Singh and Pawan Gupta — were scheduled to be hanged on January 22. However, the Delhi government told the High Court on Wednesday their execution has to be postponed in view of the pendency of a mercy petition by one of them.
"We have shifted all the four convicts to jail number three of Tihar, where the execution is set to take place," a senior jail official said.
Till now, Vinay Sharma was lodged in jail number four, while Akshay, Mukesh and Pawan were lodged in jail number two of Tihar.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ratan Tata Shares Picture of That 'Friend' He Looks Forward to Meeting Everyday in Office
- American Airlines Flight Makes Emergency Landing to Deplane Unruly Passenger
- Mahindra XUV300 Gets 5-Star Crash Test Safety Rating from Global NCAP: Watch Video
- Just a Video of Elephant Taking a Stroll in Sri Lankan Hotel and Inspecting Things With its Trunk
- FASTag Recharge Now Made Easier by PhonePe, Google Pay And BHIM: Here is How