Nithari Killings: Koli, Pandher Get Death Penalty in Pinki Sarkar Case
On Saturday, the court had convicted Moninder Singh Pandher and Surinder Koli in the Pinki Sarkar case but deferred the sentencing to Monday.
New Delhi: A special CBI court on Monday sentenced Moninder Singh Pandher and his domestic help Surinder Koli to death in the eighth case of the infamous Nithari killings.
This case relates to Pinki Sarkar's kidnapping, rape and murder.
“There is no scope for the accused’s reform or rehabilitation. This case falls under the category of rarest of rare and both deserve death penalty,” the CBI special judge said.
On Saturday, the court had convicted Pandher and Koli but deferred the sentencing to Monday.
Police had discovered 19 skeletons from Pandher's house in Nithari in Noida on December 29, 2006. Pandher and Koli were charge-sheeted in 16 of the 19 cases, while three were closed for want of evidence. Most of the victims were young girls.
Prior to the Pinki Sarkar case, the two were convicted and sentenced in six cases, while nine are in various stages of trial.
(With PTI inputs)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- Of Fruits and Females: Why Turkish Preacher Comparing Women to 'Peeled Apples' isn't Surprising
- Indian Government Procures Hyundai Kona Electric SUV for Senior Officials
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display