Nizamuddin Dargah's Head Priest Goes Missing in Pakistan
Head priest of New Delhi’s Sufi shrine Nizamuddin Dargah Asif Ali Nizami has gone missing in Pakistan. The 80-year old was last seen in Lahore airport on Wednesday and has been untraceable since.
New Delhi: Head priest of New Delhi’s Sufi shrine Nizamuddin Dargah Asif Ali Nizami has gone missing in Pakistan.
Nizami had gone to Pakistan on March 6th on a Pakistan International Airlines flight.
According to reports, he was staying at his sister's place in Karachi. He travelled to Lahore on 13th and offered chhadar at Sufi saint Baba Farid’s shrine and went to another Sufi Shrine on 14th March.
He was scheduled to travel back to Karachi from Lahore. He was last seen in the airport in Lahore after which he disappeared. His phone has been switched off since 4:25 PM on Wednesday.
His family has approached the Pakistan High Commissioner in India for help. The Indian High Commission in Islamabad has also been contacted by the family. Nizami was scheduled to travel back to India on 20th March.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Spider-Man Tom Holland Accidentally Uploads Entire Avengers: Endgame on Twitter? Deets Inside
- Cristiano Ronaldo to Plead Guilty to Tax Fraud in Madrid Court
- Cristiano Ronaldo Penalty Fear Keeps Iran Alive at Asian Cup
- Viswasam is the Biggest Hit in Tamil Superstar Ajith's Career
- PUBG Mobile's Zombies Mode Will Roll-Out in January 2019 Says Tencent Games
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s