Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

But the job is not done yet!
Vote for the deserving candidate this year.

Check your mail to know more

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
SPONSORED BY
LIVE TV DownloadNews18 App
News18 English
Powered by cricketnext logo
»
1-min read

No Bulldozers Used by China for Destroying Indian Army Bunkers: India

The Indian Army on Tuesday maintained that no bulldozers were used when its bunkers were destroyed by Chinese soldiers amid the current standoff with China in the Sikkim sector.

Agencies

Updated:July 4, 2017, 2:36 PM IST
facebookTwittergoogleskypewhatsapp
No Bulldozers Used by China for Destroying Indian Army Bunkers: India
Representative image (Photo: Reuters)
Loading...
New Delhi: The Indian Army on Tuesday maintained that no bulldozers were used when its bunkers were destroyed by Chinese soldiers amid the current standoff with China in the Sikkim sector.

The army also denied that the border stand-off with China is the longest since 1962.

"The incident is not the longest standoff between the two nations," said a statement issued by the Army spokesman here while reacting to a PTI story which had given details of the stand-off.

The spokesman also said that no bulldozers were "ever employed" for destroying the Indian bunkers and that no physical scuffle had occurred between the personnel of Indian Army and the People's Liberation Army(PLA). A senior government functionary had earlier said that bulldozers were used to destroy the Indian bunkers.

The spokesman also claimed that no such incident ever happened on June 6 and referred to a statement made by the Ministry of External Affairs in which the date of incident was mentioned as June 16.

Meanwhile, sources said that the presence of a Chinese submarine in the Indian Ocean region has nothing to do with stand-off between the Indian and Chinese troops along the border in Sikkim.

They confirmed the presence of a conventional Chinese submarine in the Indian Ocean region for a while.

The spokesman went on to clarify that "India-China relations as also the relationship between both the armies are extremely well managed by a host of mechanisms.

"The MoD (Ministry of Defence) or the Indian Army has neither issued any official statement nor has undertaken any unofficial briefings due to the fact that such sensitive issues are best dealt between two nations away from the media glare," the spokesman said.

He said that in this situation "as some of the acts have happened involving Bhutan, therefore, Ministry of External Affairs has already given a substantial briefing on the issue."
| Edited by: Ashish Yechury
Read full article
Loading...
Next Story
Next Story

Also Watch

facebookTwittergoogleskypewhatsapp
 
T&C Apply. ARN EU/04/19/13626
 

Live TV

Loading...
Countdown To Elections Results
  • 01 d
  • 12 h
  • 38 m
  • 09 s
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results