No Business, No Job But This 99-year-old From Madhya Pradesh Regularly Pays Income Tax
Bharani said that taxes paid by citizens form the basis of any country and it was the social responsibility of everybody to pay it.
Bharani has no job, no business, and yet she never fails to file her income tax returns. (Image: News18)
Indore: If the income tax department was to look for ambassadors, 99-year-old Kamlabai Bharani from Indore would be the perfect candidate.
The elderly woman has no job, no business, and yet she never fails to file her income tax returns on time. She has sizable bank deposits, which help her earn interest, on which she pays tax.
Bharani was among the senior citizens who were felicitated at a function organised by the Dept of IT in Indore on Tuesday.
At the event, Bharani said that taxes paid by citizens form the basis of any country and it was the social responsibility of everybody to pay it.
Senior IT officers also lauded Bharani people like her and said that she was an inspiration for young generation.
Bharani’s son, Anil Bharani, said, “Whatever savings my father left for my mother helped her earn interest and she pays income tax against that income.”
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner, Joe Jonas Give the Biggest Shout-out to Priyanka Chopra Jonas on Her Birthday
- Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone to Star in Luv Ranjan's Next? These Pictures Say So
- How NASA Astronauts Were Treated to Hero's Welcome on Return to Earth
- Will Ravi Shastri Continue As India’s Head Coach?
- Reliance Jio Q1 Results: Users Consume More Data Per Month as Jio Overtakes Airtel