No Decision On Further Printing Of 2,000 Rupee Notes
2,000 rupee notes constitutes 35% by value of the total circulation, said economic affairs secretary
New Delhi: The central government has not yet decided on further printing of 2,000 rupee notes as there are more than adequate notes of this denomination in the system, economic affairs secretary Subhash Chandra Garg said.
Printing of notes is planned as per requirement, and now, 2,000 rupee notes constitutes 35% by value of the total circulation, Garg added.
"There has been no recent decision regarding 2,000 rupee note production," Garg said in a tweet.
The secretary’s comment comes a day after a media report, which stated that the government has stopped printing 2,000 rupee notes and plans to phase it out.
Recommended For You
- Airtel TV App Rebranded to Airtel XStream; More Than 350 Live TV Channels in Tow
- Doing a Bamboozle: Meet Astro, the Robodog 'Inspired' by the Human Brain
- Parineeti Chopra Looks Dishevelled And Bloodied in 'The Girl On The Train' First Look
- Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne-Moss Are Officially Returning for Matrix 4, And Fans Can't Keep Calm
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?