No Service Charge on Online Train Ticket Bookings Till June 30
The withdrawal of service charge on online booking of train tickets has been extended till June 30.
New Delhi: The withdrawal of service charge on online booking of train tickets has been extended till June 30.
"We have received instructions from Ministry of Information and Technology advising railways to extend the incentives at least till June 30, 2017," said Railway Ministry official.
The government had waived off the service charges after the demonetisation in November last year to encourage digital modes of payment for booking.
As per the government's decision, existing incentives will continue and there will be no change till June 30.
Approximately, an amount of Rs 184 crore has not been realised from passengers on account of service charge and service tax thereon on reserved tickets booked online between November 23, 2016 and February 28, 2017, according to railways data.
Recommended For You
- Kangana Ranaut Talks About Nationalism, Nepotism & 'Psycho Love'
- Chennaiyin FC Stun Bengaluru FC to Win Second ISL Title
- India Joins In As World Prepares To Celebrate French Gastronomy On March 21
- 'Boots Up'! Kevin Pietersen Plays His Last Game, Reveals Post Retirement Plans
- Raid Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Starrer is Promising But Runs Out of Steam Before The Finish Line