No Service Charge on Online Train Ticket Bookings Till June 30
The withdrawal of service charge on online booking of train tickets has been extended till June 30.
New Delhi: The withdrawal of service charge on online booking of train tickets has been extended till June 30.
"We have received instructions from Ministry of Information and Technology advising railways to extend the incentives at least till June 30, 2017," said Railway Ministry official.
The government had waived off the service charges after the demonetisation in November last year to encourage digital modes of payment for booking.
As per the government's decision, existing incentives will continue and there will be no change till June 30.
Approximately, an amount of Rs 184 crore has not been realised from passengers on account of service charge and service tax thereon on reserved tickets booked online between November 23, 2016 and February 28, 2017, according to railways data.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- New 2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R to Launch Today, Watch the Live Launch Here – Video
- The Indian-ness of Kamala Harris, the 'Female Barack Obama' Set to Contest the Next US Elections
- Ranveer Singh Raps About Life in Shantytown in Gully Boy New Song Mere Gully Mein
- Cardiff Striker Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Suspected Plane Crash
- Video of Sara Ali Khan and Malaika Arora Working Out Together is Breaking the Internet, Watch Here
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s