No Travel, No Properties: What UNSC Listing Means For Masood Azhar
While Pakistan had already shut down some madrassas linked to the violent group and as part of its crackdown, Masood Azhar is set to lose much more than this due to the ban.
File photo of JeM chief Masood Azhar.
Masood Azhar, the Jaish-e-Mohammed chief, was listed as global terrorist by United Nations. While Pakistan had already shut down some madrassas linked to violent groups and as part of its crackdown, Azhar is set to lose much more than this due to the ban.
Here's what the listing exactly means for Azhar?
The designation will put Azhar under a travel ban, an embargo on arms and also an assets freeze.
Assets Freeze: Under the sanctions, all states would freeze financial assets and funds to all designated entities.
Travel ban: This ban prevents the entry of the designated person and those associated with designated organizations into or in transit by all states.
Arms Embargo: All supply, sale and transfer of arms and weapons from their own territories or by its citizens living outside the country too to the designated person/organization.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India
- 'Just Get Dark Skinned Actors': Ayushmann-Bhumi's 'Bala' Draws Criticism for 'Brownface'
- Bigg Boss 13: Salman Khan Announces Sidharth Shukla to be Rashami Desai's Slave, She Refuses
- This is The End: What is up With Fortnite And Why Are You Staring at a Blank Screen
- Ravi Shastri in 'Titanic'? ICC Hosted a Caption Contest and Memers Did Not Disappoint