No Travel, No Properties: What UNSC Listing Means For Masood Azhar
While Pakistan had already shut down some madrassas linked to the violent group and as part of its crackdown, Masood Azhar is set to lose much more than this due to the ban.
File photo of JeM chief Masood Azhar.
Masood Azhar, the Jaish-e-Mohammed chief, was listed as global terrorist by United Nations. While Pakistan had already shut down some madrassas linked to violent groups and as part of its crackdown, Azhar is set to lose much more than this due to the ban.
Here's what the listing exactly means for Azhar?
The designation will put Azhar under a travel ban, an embargo on arms and also an assets freeze.
Assets Freeze: Under the sanctions, all states would freeze financial assets and funds to all designated entities.
Travel ban: This ban prevents the entry of the designated person and those associated with designated organizations into or in transit by all states.
Arms Embargo: All supply, sale and transfer of arms and weapons from their own territories or by its citizens living outside the country too to the designated person/organization.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Tiger Shroff Shows Off His Chiseled Frame in This Throwback Image, Take a Look
- Vicky Kaushal, Ananya Panday, Parineeti Chopra Awestruck by Super Pink Moon
- 'Gaming Disorder': This is How Avid Gamers will Look Like in Next 20 Years and It's Terrifying
- Kerala Police Uses Ravi Shastri's 'Tracer Bullet' Commentary to Remind They Are Watching You
- WATCH: Indigo Pilot Makes Heartfelt Video for Aviation Industry Struggling Due to COVID-19 Lockdown