Nobel Laureate Abhijit Banerjee Visits Alma Mater JNU, Meets Vice Chancellor
Banerjee, who completed his masters in Economics from the JNU in 1983, came in the campus early in the morning and later met Vice Chancellor M Jagadesh Kumar.
Abhijit Banerjee, one of the three winners of the 2019 Nobel Prize in Economics, at a news conference at the MIT on October 14.
New Delhi: W Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee visited his alma mater Jawaharlal Nehru University on Saturday.
Banerjee, who completed his masters in Economics from the JNU in 1983, came in the campus early in the morning and later met Vice Chancellor M Jagadesh Kumar, according to sources.
However, there was no confirmation from administration officials.
Couple Abhijit Banerjee and Esther Duflo jointly won the 2019 Nobel Economics Prize with Harvard's Michael Kremer "for their experimental approach to alleviating global poverty".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jennifer Winget Plans to Rewrite Mahabharat with Beyhadh 2? Watch Promo
- U-17 Women's Championship: Tigresses Win 2nd Straight Match to Make Final, Panthers Out
- Janhvi Kapoor Shares Childhood Picture with Khushi, Boney Kapoor as Filmmaker Takes Charge of Kitchen
- Deepika Padukone Looks Ravishing In Red, Ranveer Singh Posts Lovely Comments
- Indian Jam Project's Tushar Lall Puts a Desi Spin on 'Hey Jude' in New Beatles Tribute