Noida Traders to Protest Against E-commerce Companies at Jantar Mantar Today
The protest is mainly against e-commerce companies like Flipkart and Amazon for their unethical business practices which are hurting the country's traders.
Noida: Hundreds of traders from Noida will gather at Jantar Mantar in Delhi on Thursday to protest against e-commerce companies, a retailers body said on Wednesday.
The protest demonstration is being organised by the NCR unit of the Confederation of All-India Traders (CAIT).
"Around 500 traders from Noida alone are expected to gather at Jantar Mantar around 11.30 am to protest against e-commerce companies like Flipkart and Amazon. The protest is mainly against their unethical business practices which are hurting the country's traders," NCR CAIT convenor Sushil Kumar Jain said.
He said the CAIT has earlier also raised concern over the e-commerce companies' unethical practices which include heavy discounts, among others.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Says He's Missing Jeff Bezos' ‘Uninhibited Laughter'
- Nakuul Mehta on How He Finds 'Never Kiss Your Best Friend' Relatable
- East Bengal Fans Hold Anti-CAA, NRC Protest During Kolkata Derby in I-League 2019-20
- Australian Open 2020 Live Streaming: Where and Watch to Watch Live Telecast as 1st Grand Slam of Season Starts
- Republic Day Offer: Four Asus Phones Get Discounts Upto Rs 4,000 in Flipkart Sale