In 2011, a three-year-old and a one-year-old were separated from their parents, Sagarika and Anurup Bhattacharya.
- No separate beds for the children in the parents' home.
- No table for diaper change.
- The mother had slapped the three-year-old son at one point.
- Insufficient room to play.
- Toys given were not suited to the age of the children.
- When the mother breast-fed the infant, she put her on her lap without holding her, holding the head against the breast, but not close to her body.
- Child was being fed by hand and this, they said, amounted to force-feeding.
- Borderline personality disorder in a parent
- Parent being seen to be slow in responding to a child’s cries
In Dec 2012, a court in Norway convicted an Indian couple Chandrasekhar and Anupama in a child abuse case.
- Parents were threatening the kid to send him back to India for wetting his pants.
- Child was hit by belt of similar object on several occasions.
- On one occasion, the parents had even threatened to brand their son’s tongue with a hot spoon.
In Dec 2016 a five-year-old child has been separated from his NRI parents by Norwegian authorities.
- Parents are accused by the Norwegian authorities of beating the child.