Not Mandatory for CBSE Schools to Prescribe NCERT Books: HRD Ministry
On Thursday, Minister of State for HRD Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development (HRD) Upendra Kushwaha said the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has not issued any advisory/directive to schools affiliated to it to compulsorily prescribe textbook published by NCERT.
File photo of Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development (HRD) Upendra Kushwaha.
New Delhi: The CBSE has not mandated schools to prescribe only NCERT text books, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Thursday.
"The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has not issued any advisory/directive to schools affiliated to it to compulsorily prescribe textbook published by NCERT," Minister of State for HRD, Upendra Kushwaha, said in a written response to a question.
He also informed the House that the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has conducted a review of all its textbooks and rectified factual errors, if any, besides updating data.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Creating New Cop Image for Salman Khan's Eid 2020 Film a Challenge, Says Prabhudheva
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing
- Fortnite Season 10 Ends With a Bang And Darkness, But What Exactly Happened?
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz