Noted Freedom Fighter and Former Odisha MLA Priyanath Dey Dies
Odisha governor Ganeshi Lal and chief minister Naveen Patnaik condoled the death of Dey.
File photo of Priyanath Dey.
Bhubaneswar: Noted freedom fighter and former Odisha MLA Priyanath Dey died here on Monday, family sources said. He was 97.
He is survived by a son and two daughters. Dey had joined freedom movement in 1942 and was jailed
He was elected to Odisha Legislative Assembly from Jagatsinghpur seat in 1961. His funeral will be held at his native village in Jagatsinghpur on Tuesday, family sources said.
Odisha governor Prof Ganeshi Lal and chief minister Naveen Patnaik condoled the death of Dey. They expressed deep sympathy for the bereaved family.
Lok Sabha MP Bhartuhari Mahatab and All Odisha Freedom Fighters Samity youth wing, secretary, Birupakshya Tripathy also condoled Dey's death.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Why Target Sonakshi Alone? Mahabharat Star Nitish Bharadwaj Asks Mukesh Khanna To Be Empathetic
- Purab Kohli Says He, Wife Lucy and Their Two Kids Were All Down with COVID-19 Symptoms in London
- Work from Home 'Reality vs Expectation' - Anand Mahindra Makes His Confession
- Xerox is Making Disposable Ventilators And They do Not Require Power to Work
- Here's a List of All Diesel Cars You Can't Buy Anymore in India Due to BS-VI Emission Norms