Now, Pay Traffic Fine Through Swipe Machine in Nashik
In its bid to deal with the cash crunch due to demonetisation, Nashik traffic police have began collecting fine through swipe machines.
(Photo: Reuters/Traffic police on duty/Image for representation purpose.)
Nashik: In its bid to deal with the cash crunch due to demonetisation, Nashik traffic police have began collecting fine through swipe machines.
The move has been initiated by the police department in association with State Bank of India, which has provided the PoS (point of sale) or swipe machines for the purpose, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Vijay Patil said.
Initially, 12 busiest junctions across the city have been provided with swipe machines, which include Nashik Road railway station, MG Road, Old Centre bus station, Dwarka square, the official said, adding that more areas would be covered in the coming days.
Traffic cops have already started the use of swipe machines for the convenience of commuters since Monday. Patil said the step will also bring transparency into the system.
Recommended For You
- Ranbir and Deepika Again: Ex-Flames Walk the Ramp For Mijwan Fashion Show
- Bollywood Actor Jimmy Sheirgill Buys Mercedes-Benz G-Class G 63 AMG SUV Worth Rs 2.18 Crore
- IPL 2018: Chennai Eye Win Against Rajasthan at Their New Home
- 2018 Suzuki Ertiga Unveiled, Gets New Styling – Watch Video
- Priyanka Chopra Elated To See Deepika Padukone, Virat Kohli Feature in Time 100 Influential People of 2018 List