'NRC Implementation is India's Internal Matter Which Will be Resolved Internally': Bangladesh Envoy
Bangladesh's envoy Syed Muazzem Ali said nobody has been sent back to Bangladesh after NRC yet and no one would be sent back because it is India's internal matter.
People check their names on the National Register of Citizens (NRC) final list at a NRC centre in Buraburi Gaon, Morigaon, Assam on Saturday, Aug 31, 2019. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: India has conveyed to Bangladesh that the implementation of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) in Assam is an internal matter which would be resolved internally, Bangladesh's envoy Syed Muazzem Ali said on Friday.
Speaking at an event at the Indian Women Press Corps (IWPC) here, Ali said nobody has been sent back to Bangladesh after NRC yet and no one would be sent back because it is India's internal matter. "We have been told this is our internal issue and it would be resolved internally so Bangladesh need not concern itself," he said in response to a question.
Bangladesh will not interfere in any of India's internal matters, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Dark Mode on Android 9.0 to be Tied With Battery Saver Mode
- Steve Harvey Goofed up Costume Winner at Miss Universe 2019 and Internet Had a Déjà Vu Moment
- #BoycottPanipat Trends on Twitter After Protest in Rajasthan Over 'Wrong Facts' in Film
- Sania Mirza's Sister Anam Feels Grateful, Shares Snaps of Her Bridal Shower on Social Media
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders