NRI student's death: Six accused sent to judicial custody
New Delhi: Six accused arrested in connection with the death of NRI student Anmol Sarna and drug abuse were on Monday denied bail by a Delhi court and sent to judicial custody till October 14.The court denied the accused bail saying the probe was at an initial stage and the allegations against them were serious in nature. Metropolitan Magistrate Deepak Wason sent 21-year-old Sarna's friends Shivang Gambhir, Madhav, Pranil Shah, Rythm Girhotra, all in their 20s, to Tihar Jail.Two security guards - Surender Bali (40) and Naresh Mishra (60) - who thrashed Sarna September 13 at the South Park Apartments in Kalkaji area in south Delhi were also sent to judicial custody after they were presented in court at the end of their 14 days judicial custody.Investigators said the two guards were arrested for assaulting Sarna, while the NRI's four friends were taken into custody for drug abuse.Sarna, who had completed his high school from New York, was to return to Canada for further studies but died after a drug party September 13 night organised at his friend's flat at South Park Apartment.Police said the party lasted till midnight after which Sarna was thrashed by the guards for creating a ruckus in the complex. Around 2 a.m., Sarna was found bleeding in the apartment complex. He later died in hospital.
Recommended For You
- Watch Opening Salvo | Aakash Chopra Previews IPL 2018, Final: CSK vs SRH
- Did Star Wars Universe Actually Need Solo: A Star Wars Story?
- 'All-rounder' Rashid Khan in Elite Company After Eden Gardens Heroics
- Bioscopewala Review: Danny Denzongpa Starrer Should be Widely Seen and Discussed
- 5 Reasons Why Samsung Galaxy S9 Beats OnePlus 6 to The Best Android Smartphone Spot