NSUI President Fairoz Khan Quits After #MeToo Charges, Rahul Gandhi Accepts Resignation
The party had set up a three-member committee to look into the issue after a woman levelled charges of sexual harassment against Fairoz Khan.
New Delhi: NSUI national president Fairoz Khan has stepped down from his post following charges of sexual harassment, sources in the Congress said on Tuesday.
Congress president Rahul Gandhi has accepted his resignation, the sources told PTI.
Khan, who hails from Jammu and Kashmir, submitted his resignation on Monday.
The party had set up a three-member committee to look into the issue after a woman levelled charges of sexual harassment against the chief of its youth wing.
The Congress worker from Chhattisgarh also lodged a complaint against him in the Parliament Street police station, saying that she feared for her life.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Airtel V-Fiber Offers up to 1000GB Free Data & Plans Start at Rs 799
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Tops World's Richest Actors List, Beats Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- Kia Seltos Launched in India, Gets Special Twitter Icon as a Red SUV
- Woman Abandoned by Boyfriend on a Road Trip Assumed She was Being Pranked