Maharashtra Woman 'Under Pressure' to Deliver Male Child Dies After 10th Pregnancy
The woman, who used to run a pan shop in Majalgaon, already had seven daughters but her family wanted a boy.
Image only for representational purpose.
Mumbai: A 38-year-old woman died due to excessive bleeding during her 10th pregnancy in Beed district of Maharashtra, a police official said Monday.
Meera Ekhande delivered a stillborn boy on Saturday at the civil hospital in Majalgaon town of Beed, located around 380 km from here, and later died, he said. The woman, who used to run a pan shop in Majalgaon, already had seven daughters but her family wanted a boy, the official said.
She had also terminated two pregnancies earlier, he said, adding that she conceived again apparently under family pressure. "Ekhande was on Saturday admitted to the civil hospital where she delivered a stillborn child and then died of excessive bleeding," the official said.
"We have registered an accidental death report and handed over the woman's body to her family members," he said. One of the seven daughters of Ekhande had also died earlier, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- People are Copy-Pasting Nick Jonas' Karwa Chauth Tweet but With a Hilarious Twist
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- Can you Spot the Snake Hiding in Plain Sight in This Viral Photo from Australia?
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli