Odisha Man Dies in Sleep After Mobile Phone Left on Charging Explodes
The incident took place late on Sunday night when the deceased, who worked as a mason, was sleeping along with three other workers in the room at construction site at Atharabanki area.
Image for representative purposes only.
Paradip: A 22-year-old man died after his mobile phone, which was being charged, exploded while he was sleeping in a room in the port town of Paradip, police said.
The incident took place late on Sunday night when the deceased, identified as Kuna Pradhan, who worked as a mason, was sleeping along with three other workers in the room at construction site at Atharabanki area, Inspector-in-Charge of Paradip police station RK Samal said.
The mobile phone, which was being charge and placed near Pradhans bed, exploded when all of the four persons were asleep, the police officer said.
When the mobile exploded, he died on the spot, Samal said.
The mason, who hailed from Ranpur area in Nayagarh district, was engaged in the construction of a temple in Paradip undertaken by an association of truck owners.
On being informed, the police reached the spot and sent the body to a hospital for post-mortem examination.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- Bigg Boss 13: Sidharth Shukla Down With Typhoid, Undergoing Treatment
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash