Odisha Minor Dies, Five Ill After Meal in Govt-run Primary School
Students of the school complained of vomiting, nausea and stomach ache after the meal and were rushed to a nearby hospital. Five students are currently undergoing treatment.
Representational Image (Reuters)
Parlakhemundi: A minor girl student died and five others fell ill after consuming a meal in the hostel of a government-run school in Odisha's Gajapati district, officials said on Sunday.
A few girls of the residential primary school at a village under the jurisdiction of Garabandha police station complained of vomiting, nausea and stomach ache a few hours after they had dinner on Saturday night, District Education Officer (DEO), PK Nag said.
The minor students, who showed symptoms of food poisoning, were rushed to a nearby hospital where one girl, identified as Tuni Rohit of Class 4, died in the early hours on Sunday, he said.
The five others are now undergoing treatment.
Meanwhile, the district administration has placed the headmaster of the school, Umakant Choudhury and in-charge teacher Anita Nayak, under suspension, the DEO said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- In Pursuit of Love, World's Loudest Bird Sings Heart out in 'Theatrical Swivel'
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy