Official Asked Modi, Hasina to 'Step Down' And No One Can Stop Laughing
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladesh counterpart met on Sunday, they were prepared for requests of a photo-op. Little did they know, they would be asked to ‘step down’ during their joint appearance.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Joint Media Statement with Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina at New Delhi. (Image: PIB)
New Delhi: When Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladesh counterpart met on Sunday, they were prepared for requests of a photo-op. There was, however, one request they weren't prepared for — that to 'step down’.
The gaffe at their joint appearance at Hyderabad House in the national capital was triggered by the unfortunate choice of words by the Indian official. Instead of asking the two leaders to step away from dais, he asked them to “step down”. The request made everyone present, including the PM, break into a laugh.
“May I request the two prime ministers to step down,” the official was heard saying, prompting Modi to smile and ask, “step down?” This was enough for the entire room to break into a laughter.
Watch the moment here:
Recommended For You
- After Daredevil and Iron Fist, Netflix Cancels New Seasons of Marvel's Jessica Jones and The Punisher
- Man Orders Food in Chennai, Swiggy Delivery Person Leaves For Destination From Rajasthan
- Oman Dismissed for 24 Against Scotland
- After Pulwama, CRPF Madadgaar Has Become the Lifeline for Kashmiris All Over
- India’s First Maruti 800 is Getting Restored, Indira Gandhi Handed the Keys 36 Years Ago
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s