Official Asked Modi, Hasina to 'Step Down' And No One Can Stop Laughing
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladesh counterpart met on Sunday, they were prepared for requests of a photo-op. Little did they know, they would be asked to ‘step down’ during their joint appearance.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Joint Media Statement with Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina at New Delhi. (Image: PIB)
New Delhi: When Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladesh counterpart met on Sunday, they were prepared for requests of a photo-op. There was, however, one request they weren't prepared for — that to 'step down’.
The gaffe at their joint appearance at Hyderabad House in the national capital was triggered by the unfortunate choice of words by the Indian official. Instead of asking the two leaders to step away from dais, he asked them to “step down”. The request made everyone present, including the PM, break into a laugh.
“May I request the two prime ministers to step down,” the official was heard saying, prompting Modi to smile and ask, “step down?” This was enough for the entire room to break into a laughter.
Watch the moment here:
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jay Bhanushali Welcomes Baby Girl With Wife Mahhi Vij, Shares Her First Glimpse With Fans
- 'No Way Out': Elon Musk Thinks Earth Will Ultimately Perish When a Huge Asteroid Strikes Us
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- Nine Nurses Who Went Viral for Being Pregnant at the Same Time Have Now Given Birth
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'