Okhla Underpass and Portion of Mathura Road Closed for Traffic Due to Protest Against Citizenship Act
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation said all metro stations were now open. The traffic police tweeted that road No. 13A between Mathura Road and Kalindi Kunj is closed for traffic movement.
New Delhi: Okhla underpass and a portion of Mathura Road were closed for traffic movement on Wednesday morning, the Delhi Traffic Police said.
Sources said that the traffic was closed owing to the planned protest by Jamia students against Citizenship Amendment Act.
Meanwhile, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation said all metro stations were now open. "Road No. 13A between Mathura Road and Kalindi Kunj is closed for traffic movement. People coming from Noida are advised to take DND or Akshardham to reach Delhi," the traffic police tweeted.
Similarly people going to Noida from Mathura road are advised to take Ashram Chowk, DND or Noida link road, the police said.
"Okhla underpass going towards Kalindi Kunj is also closed for traffic movement," they tweeted. Seven metro stations were closed on Tuesday in view of the Seelampur violence but five of them were later opened.
On Wednesday morning, the DMRC handle tweeted about the closure of entry and exit gates of Jaffrabad and Maujpur - Babarpur stations. Bur within an hour, it said all metro stations were open.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tata Motors is Now the Safest Indian Car Manufacturer With Two 5-Star and Two 4-Star Rated Cars
- Bigg Boss 13: Akanksha Puri Breaks up with Housemate Paras Chhabra?
- Microsoft Accidentally Exposed Data of 250 Million Users; Why Aren't We Shocked Anymore?
- Desi Queen Elizabeth's Hilarious ‘Rant’ About Meghan and Harry is Every Punjabi Mom Ever
- WhatsApp Users, Dark Mode is Finally Rolling Out With Beta For Android: Here is How to Use it