Ola Driver Assaulted For Working During Ongoing Strike in Mumbai
Over 40,000 drivers are on strike since October 22 in the city.
The Ola driver who was thrashed in Mumbai.
New Delhi: An Ola driver, who was found working during the ongoing strike held by app-based cab drivers in Mumbai, who are demanding increased earnings and better work schedule, was thrashed badly on Monday by protesters. The incident was caught on camera.
In the video clip, the driver is seen protecting himself while a man is seen slapping him repeatedly. The Ola driver was also abused verbally and asked to take off his shirt.
#WATCH: Ola driver thrashed by protesters for working during indefinite strike called by Ola & Uber cab drivers; Case registered. The protesters are demanding increased earnings& better work schedule. They have been on strike since Oct 22. #Mumbai (Note: Strong language) (26.10) pic.twitter.com/vm21THepjg— ANI (@ANI) October 30, 2018
The Mumbai Police have lodged a case against the assaulters.
Over 40,000 drivers are on strike since October 22 in the city. On Monday, the drivers marched from Uber’s Kurla office to Ola’s office in Andheri with black flags.
This is their third protest in 2018. Nearly 90% of the city’s cabs are off the roads.
The drivers have blamed aggregators, such as Ola and Uber, for manipulating bookings and reducing their share of income from the trips made.
Recommended For You
- 'Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai' Actress Aarti Chabria Ties the Knot With Boyfriend Visharad Beedassy
- India vs West Indies | Bhuvneshwar Back to Bowling, Unlikely to Return for West Indies Clash
- Deepika Padukone Slays in Chic Outfit in This Stunning Photo Shoot, Ranveer Singh Takes Full Credit
- Google Play Store Quality Problems: Over 2,000 Malware-Laden Counterfeit Apps Served to Android Users
- The New Hilarious #HornChallenge That's Making TikTok Users Laugh Out Loud
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s