Ola Driver Assaulted For Working During Ongoing Strike in Mumbai
Over 40,000 drivers are on strike since October 22 in the city.
The Ola driver who was thrashed in Mumbai.
In the video clip, the driver is seen protecting himself while a man is seen slapping him repeatedly. The Ola driver was also abused verbally and asked to take off his shirt.
#WATCH: Ola driver thrashed by protesters for working during indefinite strike called by Ola & Uber cab drivers; Case registered. The protesters are demanding increased earnings& better work schedule. They have been on strike since Oct 22. #Mumbai (Note: Strong language) (26.10) pic.twitter.com/vm21THepjg— ANI (@ANI) October 30, 2018
The Mumbai Police have lodged a case against the assaulters.
Over 40,000 drivers are on strike since October 22 in the city. On Monday, the drivers marched from Uber’s Kurla office to Ola’s office in Andheri with black flags.
This is their third protest in 2018. Nearly 90% of the city’s cabs are off the roads.
The drivers have blamed aggregators, such as Ola and Uber, for manipulating bookings and reducing their share of income from the trips made.
Recommended For You
- Teen Driver Sophia Floersch Vows to Race Again After Surviving Horror Crash
- He Makes Me Feel I’m Home: Deepika Padukone Told Raveena Tandon about Ranveer Singh
- MS Dhoni Shows Off Kabaddi Skills in Mumbai
- Samsung Galaxy A9 Vs OnePlus 6T: The New Alternate Flagship Smartphone Battle
- Fans Blame Duckworth-Lewis as India Lose T20 Match Against Australia Despite Scoring 'More'