On Army Day, Gen Rawat Warns Pakistan Against Infiltration Attempts
Army Chief General Bipin Rawat said new guidelines are being followed to maintain peace and tranquillity along the border in the eastern sector.
New Delhi: The Indian Army will not hesitate to take strong action to deal with terror activities along the border with Pakistan, Army chief General Bipin Rawat said on Tuesday.
The country along India's western border is providing support to terror groups and the Indian Army is dealing with them effectively, General Rawat said in an obvious reference to Pakistan.
"We are ensuring moral dominance along border in Jammu and Kashmir," he said while addressing Army personnel on the occasion of Army Day here.
The Indian Army will not hesitate to take strong action to deal with terror activities along the western border, General Rawat said.
He said new guidelines are being followed to maintain peace and tranquility along the border in the eastern sector. We are carrying out major restructuring and modernisation of Army, he added.
"We will keep reviewing the situation along the eastern border," he said, referring to the border with China.
"Our soldiers will not allow any compromise in guarding the border in the eastern sector," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Woman Sets Apartment on Fire While Trying to Burn Love Letter from Her Ex
- After Burning it Out at The Gym, Disha Patani Slays the Dance Floor with Killer Moves
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Goal
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image