On Camera, MNS 'Punishes' Man for Comment on Raj Thackeray's Facebook Page
A local party leader defended the 'punishment', saying such behaviour will not be 'tolerated'.
File photo of MNS chief Raj Thackeray.
Pune: A video showing workers of the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) forcing a man to perform squats for posting `objectionable' comment on party chief Raj Thackeray's Facebook page went viral on social media on Friday.
A local party leader defended the `punishment', saying such behaviour will not be "tolerated".
The incident took place in Hadapsar area of Pune on Thursday.
The video showed MNS workers taking the man, about 20-25 years old, to task for his comment on Thackeray's Facebook page, and making him apologise and perform squats.
One of the MNS workers is heard saying that as the man was Marathi-speaker and came from a poor family, he was being let off with a light punishment.
Ajay Shinde, MNS' Pune unit chief, defended the party workers.
"Since the man is poor and he has no father, he was let off with a warning and punishment of doing squats. But such behaviour can not be tolerated as people, especially the youth should not post something objectionable against any person who is higher in stature and age," Shinde said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Want a 1Gbps Broadband Connection For Your Home? That Will be Rs 1,549 Onwards
- Lilly Singh Hosting 'The Late Night Show' is the Desi Representation We've Been Waiting For
- Woman Wakes up to Find She Swallowed 2.4-Carat Diamond Ring in Sleep in US
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works