Eunuchs Rob Pregnant Woman, Her Husband at Their Gurugram Home: Police
The woman said her husband offered them Rs 2,100 but they demanded Rs 2,1,000. When they were negotiating, one of the eunuchs allegedly snatched the wallet from her husband and fled.
Gurgaon: A group of eunuchs robbed a pregnant woman and her husband on Friday when they visited their home in the upscale Sector 46 area of the city on the pretext of offering them blessings, police said.
A case has been registered at Sector 50 police station and a special team has been formed to probe the incident, the police said.
"We have registered an FIR of robbery under relevant sections of the IPC and investigation is underway," said Station House Officer Shahid Ahmed.
In the police complaint, the woman said that three eunuchs visited her house and demanded money.
She said her husband offered them Rs 2,100 but they demanded Rs 2,1,000. When they were negotiating, one of the eunuchs allegedly snatched the wallet from her husband and fled.
Another one of them tried to allegedly snatch the woman's gold chain but she managed to thwart it and raised an alarm, she said.
Fearing they may be caught by locals, the eunuchs fled from the spot in a car, she added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Has Your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro Received The Android 10 Update?
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes